Skip to content
Home » Canada Courthouses » Alberta » Hanna

Hanna

Hanna is named for D B Hanna, who was an executive of the Canadian Northern Railway.

 

Location:  Hanna is located in the south central part of the Province.

Judicial District:  Drumheller / Hanna Judicial District

 

Provincial Court Courthouse – Hanna

 

Location:  401 Centre Street  / 4th Avenue

Built:  1980 – 1982

Style:  Modern

Architect:  A Karval

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a two story red coloured brick, concrete and glass. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the centre of Hanna. A central recessed entrance is located on the east front with the one story court section on the north side and the two story Provincial Building on the south side. On the south side of the entrance rises a brick tower which rises above the roof line. The roof line is flat. The windows are horizontal.

 

 Old Courthouse – Hanna

 

 

Location:  502 Centre Street  / 4 Avenue

Built:  1928

Style:  Utilitarian

Architect:  D E McDonald of the Department of Public Works

Contractor:  Sanlon of Medicine Hat

 

Description:  The build faces west and is a two story white coloured stucco and wood structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the centre of Hanna to the north of the courthouse. The west front has a central entrance on the first story with small canopy above. At the roof line a section rises above the roof line. At the rear is a wing which extends south. The roof is hipped. The building stands vacant.

 

Note:  The cost of construction of the courthouse was $23,000.

 

See:  Within the Drumheller / Hanna Judicial District is the Court of Queens Bench at Drumheller and Provincial Courthouses located at Strathmore.

 

 

 

Provincial Court Courthouse

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Old Courthouse

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photos taken 2015