Skip to content
Home » Canada Courthouses » British Columbia » Ashcroft

Ashcroft

Ashcroft is named after Ashcroft Ranch founded by two English brothers Clement Francis Cornwall and Henry Pennant Cornwall who emigrated from Ashcroft in England.

 

 

Location:  Ashcroft is located in the southwestern part of the Province along the Fraser River

Judicial District:  Cariboo Judicial District

 

Old Courthouse – Ashcroft

 

Location:  601 Railway Avenue / 6th Street

Built:  1910 – 1911

Style:  Commercial

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a one story structure. The building was converted in 1925 to 1926 by W M Orr at a cost of $4422. The building was closed in 1974.

 

Old Courthouse – Ashcroft

 

 

Location:  Trans Canada Highway 1 / Cornwall Road

Built:  1862 – 1863

Style:  Wood frame

Architect:  Clement Cornwall and Henry Cornwall

Contractor:  Clement Cornwall and Henry Cornwall

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a two story white coloured frame structure. The building was named as Ashcroft Manor and was the first courthouse. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photos taken 2016