Skip to content
Home » Canada Courthouses » Ontario » Thunder Bay District » Thunder Bay District – Geraldton

Thunder Bay District – Geraldton

Geraldton is named for the compound of the surnames Fitzgerald and Errington, who were financiers of a nearby gold mine near Kenogamisis Lake in 1931, and in 2001 the town was merged to form Greenstone.

 

Location:  Geraldton is located in the western part of the Province and to the northeast of Thunder Bay.

 

District:   Thunder Bay District is named for Thunder Bay at the head of Lake Superior.

 

Courthouse – Geraldton

 

Location:  208 Beamish Street / 2nd Street

Built:  1958 – 1960

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a two story red coloured brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The south front has an entrance with curved canopy towards the west side. The windows are in three window sets. The roof line is flat. The building houses the Superior Court of Justice. 

 

See:  The main courthouse is located at Thunder Bay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photos taken 2016