Skip to content
Home » Canada Courthouses » Saskatchewan » La Ronge

La Ronge

La Ronge was named after Lake La Ronge, which was named by French fur traders for “la ronge” meaning chewed as there was much beaver activity along the shoreline.

 

Location:  La Rone is located in the north central part of the Province along the Churchill River.

Judicial District:  Prince Albert Judicial District

 

Provincial Court Courthouse – La Ronge

 

Location:  1320 La Ronge Avenue / Wharf Street

Built:  Unknown

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a one story red coloured brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the centre of La Ronge. The building is “L” shaped with the entrance at the junction of the east and west wings. The roof is hipped. The courtroom is located at the centre of the west side. The building is named as the Mistasinihk Place. The building houses the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Provincial Court. 

 

 

 

 

Provincial Court Courthouse – La Ronge

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photos taken 2019