Skip to content
Home » Mexico Courthouses » Tabasco

Tabasco

Tabasco originated when the nahuas were calling this Mayan territory “Onohualco”, when was governed by Taabz Cobb and the powers were residing in its capital Comalcalco. The word Tabasco is derived from the voice Tla-uash-co, that in Mexican language means “Place that has owner”, though some translate it as “waterlogged Earth”. 

 

Surrounding States: 

N – Gulf of Mexico and Campeche

E – Campeche and Guatemala

S – Guatemala, Chiapas and Veracruz

W – Veracruz and Gulf of Mexico

 

Created:  February 7, 1824                          Tabasco - Wikipedia

State Capital: 

Villahermosa    1824 – present

 

Highest Point :  2953 feet  (  1200 metres ) – Sierra Madrigal

Lowest Point:  Sea level –  Gulf of Mexico

 

Government Palace (Palacio de Gobierno) – Villahermosa

 

Location:  Plaza de Armas / Avenida Vasquez

Built:  1870’s

Style:  Spanish Colonial Revival

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a two story white coloured structure. The building is located on the north side of the Plaza de Armas in Colonia Centro in the centre of Villahermosa. The building has a staircase made from local hardwoods. The ironwork of the stair and grilles, the bronze locks, polished glass and furniture were imported from France.

 

Legislative Palace (Palacio Legislativo) – Villahermosa

 

 

Location:  Calle Independencia #305 / Plaza de Armas

Built:  Unknown

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a two story glass and concrete structure. The building is located on the west side of the Plaza de Armas in Colonia Centro in the centre of Villahermosa to the south of the Government Palace. On the north side is the Justice Palace. There is an entrance lobby with law library on the north side. The Legislative Chamber is located on the west side. The building houses the State Congress (Honorable Congreso del Estado de Tabasco).

 

Justice Palace (Palacio de Justicia) – Villahermosa

 

 

Location:  SW – Calle Independencia / Avenida Bravo Nicolas

Built:  Unknown

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a five story yellow colored glass and concrete structure. The building is located in Colonia Centro in the centre of Villahermosa on the west side of the Plaza de Armas to the south of the Government Palace. The building houses the Tribunal Superior de Justicia.

 

 

Government Palace – Villahermosa

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Legislative Palace – Villahermosa

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Justice Palace – Villahermosa

 

 

 

 

Photos taken 2006