Skip to content
Home » US States » M » Maine » Oxford County » Oxford County – Rumford

Oxford County – Rumford

District Courthouse – Rumford

 

Location:  145 Congress Street / Portland Street

Built:  1915 – 1916

Style:  Colonial Revival and Neo-Classical

Architect:  Henry S Coombs of Lewiston

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a three story red colored brick, stone and concrete  structure. The building is located in the center of Rumford and has granite trim. The east front has a central entrance with two columns rising to a header at the second story. The entrance is arched with fanlight. On the second story are two small columns with arched window. A horizontal band runs below the first story windows and below the second story windows. A projecting eave runs below the third story. On the hipped roof is a square cupola with green colored dome and clock. The District Court is located on the first story and the second story has a large hall used as the courtroom. The building contains the City Hall.  

 

History:  Rumford was selected in 1915 to be the location of a courthouse. The courthouse was constructed in 1915 to 1916 at accost of $70,000.

 

See:  The Oxford County courthouse is located in Bangor

 

 

District Courthouse – Rumford

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photos taken 2018