Skip to content
Home » Canada Courthouses » New Brunswick » Restigouche County

Restigouche County

Restigouche County was named for the Restigouche River which is named for the Mi’kmaq name “Lustagooch” meaning “five-fingured river”.

 

County Created  :  1837

County Seat:  

Dalhousie  1837 – present

 

Old Courthouse – Dalhousie

 

Location:  434 Court Street / William Street

Built:  1923 – 1925

Style:  Georgian / Classical

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a two story buff coloured brick and wood structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the city centre. The north front has a central entrance  with small pediment above on the first story. On the hipped roof is a raised pediment. The red coloured brick and wood jail is locates on the west side was built in 1891. 

 

Courthouse – Campbellton

 

 

Location:  Water Street / Subway Street

Built:  Unknown

Style:  Modern Highrise

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces east and is an eight story concrete and glass structure. The windows are horizontal with red coloured brick between the windows. The first story has buff coloured brick. The roof line is flat  On the north side, the building is connected to a one story shopping mall. The Provincial Court is located on the second story.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Quebec and Chaleur Bay

E – Gloucester County

S – Northumberland CountyVictoria County and Madawaka County

W – Quebec

 

 

 

Old Courthouse – Dalhousie

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Old Jail – Dalhousie

 

 

 

 

County Courthouse

 

 

Photos taken 2006 and 2016