Skip to content
Home » Canada Courthouses » New Brunswick » Victoria County

Victoria County

Victoria County was named for Queen Victoria, who was Queen of Great Britain.

 

County Created  :  1844

County Seat:  

Perth-Andover  1844 – present

 

Old Courthouse – Perth-Andover

 

Location:  1135 West Riverside Drive / Sentier Trail

Built:  1877 – 1878

Style:  Second Empire / Italianate

Architect:  J G Fletcher of Waterville

Contractor:  Robert Wallace

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a three story white coloured wood structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds.

 

Note:  The cost of construction of the courthouse was $5,800. In 1960, the goal was removed.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Restigouche County

E – Northumberland County and York County

S – Carleton County

W – Maine and Madawaka County

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photos taken 2018