Skip to content
Home » Canada Courthouses » Quebec » Iberville » Iberville – Napierville

Iberville – Napierville

Old Courthouse – Napierville

 

Location:  361 Rue Saint Jacques / Rue de la Gare

Built:  1834 – 1835

Style:  Classical

Architect:  Thompson and Parry

Contractor:  John McNeil.

 

Description:  The building faces northeast and is a two story grey coloured stone and wood structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The northeast front has a small white coloured wood porch at the central entrance. On the second story is a large window. The windows have white coloured shutters. The roof is hipped. 

 

Note:  The building was the first courthouse in Quebec.

 

 See:  The Iberville Judicial District courthouse is located in Saint Jean sur Richelieau..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photos taken 2016