Skip to content
Home » US States » M » Massachusetts » Bristol County » Bristol County – Fall River

Bristol County – Fall River

County Justice Center – Fall River

 

Location:  186 Main Street / Border Street

Built:  2007 – 2010

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Finegold Alexander & Associates Ltd.

Contractor:  Dimeo Construction

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a five story structure. The building is located in the center of Fall River. The northeast corner has a wide curved glass front with vertical dividers. The first story entrance is a semi circular one story section with vertical dividers with recessed glass walls. The windows are horizontal and the roof line is flat..

 

Note:  The cost of construction was $85,000,000.

 

Courthouse – Fall River

 

 

Location:  289 Rock Street / Cherry Street

Built:  1884 – 1886

Style:  Romanesque

Architect:  George A Clough of Boston

Contractor:  Norcross Brothers.

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a four story gray colored granite structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds on a hill in the center of Fall River and was constructed as the B M C Durfee High School. The southwest corner has a high square clock tower with steep roof. Towards the north is a round tower with dome roof. The first story of the building is constructed of native Fall River Granite, while the stone of the upper portions is from Mason, New Hampshire. The roof is hipped. The building houses the Probate and Family Courts.

 

Old Courthouse – Fall River

 

 

Location:  441 North Main Street / Walnut Street

Built:  1889 – 1890

Style:  Romanesque

Architect:  Robert H Slack

Contractor:  Darling Brothers

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a three story gray colored granite stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of Fall River. The southwest corner has a large square stone tower rising five stories with steep green colored roof.  The west front has a central projecting arched entrance. The north section projects westwards. On the south side is a rounded tower with green colored conical roof and arched entrance on the first story. The roof is hipped. The building is now the Children’s Museum. On the north side is the Registry of Deeds constructed in 1930 to 1931. The architect was Edward M Corbett.

 

See:  The Bristol County courthouse is located in Taunton.

 

 

 

County Justice Center – Fall River

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Old Courthouse – Fall River

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Former courtroom

 

 

 

 

Photos taken 2017