Skip to content
Home » US States » A-G » Alaska » Hooper Bay

Hooper Bay

 

 

Hooper Bay came into common usage after a post office with this name was established in 1934 and the present-day Eskimo name “Naparagamiut” means “stake village people.”

 

Surrounding Courthouses: 

N – 

E – 

S – Sand Point and Unalaska

W – Bering Sea

 

Incorporated:  February 7. 1966

Census Area:  Kusilvak

Seat:  None

 

Courthouse – Hooper Bay

 

Location:  1 Uniak Avenue

Built:  Unknown

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a one story yellow colored sliding and concrete structure. The building is located in the center of Hooper Bay. The building has a hipped roof. The building houses the Superior Court of the 4th Judicial District and the District Court.