Skip to content
Home » Canada Courthouses » Quebec » Terrebonne

Terrebonne

Terrebonne Judicial District is named for the French word meaning “good earth”.

 

District:  Terrebonne Judicial District

District Seat: 

Saint Jerome

 

Old Palais de Justice – Saint Jerome

 

Location:  280 Rue Labelle / Rue Saint Joseph

Built:  1874

Style:  Italianate

Architect:  Godroi Laviolette

Contractor:  Alfred Antoine Laviolette

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a two story red coloured brick and wood structure. The building now serves as the City Hall.

 

Palais de Justice – Saint Jerome

 

 

Location:  25 Rue de Martigny / Rue Laviolette

Built:  1998 -2000

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Groupe A Architects

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a three story concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. On the west side is a seven story section. 

 

Old Palais de Justice – Saint Jerome

 

 

Location:  101 Place du Cure Labelle / Rue Labelle

Built:  1922 – 1924

Style:  Beaux Arts

Architect:  Georges Saint-Michel

Contractor:  Charles Larin of Montreal

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a three story grey coloured stone structure. The south front of the rectangular building has a projecting porch with four columns rising to a header at the top of the second story. The roof line is flat. 

 

 

Other Palais de Justice

 

Lachute   /   Sainte Agathe des Monts  

 

Courthouses: 

N – Joliette District

E – Laval District and Montreal District 

S – Beauharnois District and Ontario

W – Gatineau District

 

 

 

Old Palais de Justice

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Palais de Justice

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Old Palais de Justice

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photos taken 2016