Skip to content
Home » US States » A-G » Alaska » Prince of Wales (Klawock)

Prince of Wales (Klawock)

 

 

Prince of Wales was named by British navy officer George Vancouver who gave the name “Prince of Wales Archipelago” to all the islands of the southern Alexander Archipelago, which he suspected to have a single major island; the name referred to George, Prince of Wales, who would later become King George  IV.

 

Surrounding Courthouses: 

N – WrangellPetersburgKake and Sitka

E – Ketchikan 

S – British Columbia, Canada

W – Gulf of Alaska

 

Incorporated:  October 29, 1929

Census Area:  Prince of Wales-Hyder

 

Courthouse – Klawock

 

Location:  6738 B Klawock-Hollis Highway / Hemlock Street

Built:  Unknown

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a one story white colored sliding and concrete structure. The building is located to the east of the center of Klawock. The building has a hipped roof. The building houses the Superior Court of the 1st Judicial District and the District Court.