Skip to content
Home » US States » A-G » Alaska » Haines

Haines

 

 

Haines is named for the Presbyterians built the Chilkat Mission and school at Dtehshuh in 1881 and in 1884 it was renamed for Francina E Haines, the  chairwoman of the committee that raised the funds for its construction.

 

Surrounding Courthouses: 

N – British Columbia, Canada

E – Skagway

S – Juneau

W – Gulf of Alaska and Yakutat

 

Incorporated:  January 24. 1910

Borough:  Haines

 

Courthouse – Haines

 

Location:  219 Main Street / 2nd Avenue

Built:  Unknown

Style:  Modern Commercial

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a two story commercial structure. The building is located in the center of Haines. The roof line is flat. The building houses the Superior Court of the 1st Judicial District and the District Court.