Skip to content
Home » US States » A-G » Alaska » Palmer

Palmer

 

 

Palmer is named for George W Palmer who was an entrepreneur who built a trading post on the Matanuska River,

 

Surrounding Courthouses: 

N – Denali Borough and Southeast Fairbanks Borough

E – Glennallen, Valdez and Cordova

S – Anchorage 

W – Bethel Borough and Yukon-Koyukuk Borough

 

Incorporated:  April 30, 1951

Borough:  Mantanuska-Susitina

 

Courthouse – Palmer

 

Location:  435 South Denali Street / East Dogwood Street

Built:  1984 – 1985

Style:  Modern

Architect:  McCool Carlson Green Architects

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a two story glass, steel and concrete structure. The west front has a high porch supported by two columns. The windows on the first story are large. The roof is hipped. The building houses the Superior Court of the 3rd Judicial District. An addition was constructed by Collins Construction of Wasilla and by F-E Contracting.