Skip to content
Home » US States » A-G » Alaska » Dillingham

Dillingham

 

 

Dillingham is named for William Paul Dillingham who was a United States Senator from Vermont.

 

Surrounding Courthouses: 

N – 

E – Naknek 

S – Unalaska

W – Bering Sea 

 

Incorporated:  July 12. 1993

Census Area:  Dillingham

 

Courthouse – Dillingham

 

Location:  476 Emperor Way South / Airport Road

Built:  Unknown

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces west and is a one story structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds to the west of the center of Dillingham. The roof is hipped. The building houses the Superior Court of the 3rd Judicial District and District Court. 

 

History:  The first courthouse was built in Kanakanak to the west of Dillingham in 1903 and named after United States Senator William Paul Dillingham of Vermont, whose Senate subcommittee investigated conditions in Alaska following the 1898 gold rush. The post office later adopted the name, as did the community.