Skip to content
Home » US States » A-G » Alaska » Sand Point

Sand Point

 

 

Sand Point is named for the sandy point on which it is located and was founded by a San Francisco fishing company in 1898 as a cod fishing station and trading post. 

 

Surrounding Courthouses: 

N – Hooper Bay and 

E – DillinghamNaknek and Kodiak

S – Pacific Ocean

W – Unalaska

 

Incorporated:  September 1. 1965

Borough:  Aleutians East Borough

Seat:  Sand Point

 

Courthouse – Sand Point

 

Location:  Sand Point Avenue / Church Lane

Built:  Unknown

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Unknown

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces northwest and is a one story white colored structure. The building is located in the center of Sand Point. The building has a green colored hipped roof. The building houses the Superior Court of the 4th Judicial District and the District Court.